- Getting started with Latex: Norm Matloff’s LATEX Tutorial Site .
- How to write a great research paper by Symon Peyton Jones: Video (34 minutes).
- Advice to a beginning graduate student: Article by Manuel Blum.
- You and your research: Article by Richard Hamming.
Introductory Materials for Prospective Students
- Applied Cryptography (Udacity).
- Secure Two-Party Computation in Practice by Y. Lindell: Part 1 (60 minutes), Part 2 (50 minutes), and Part 3 (40 minutes).
- Y. Lindell and B. Pinkas. Secure Multiparty Computation for Privacy-Preserving Data Mining.
In the Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality, 1(1):59-98, 2009.
- Differential privacy tutorial by A. Smith: Part 1 (60 minutes), Part 2 (57 minutes), Part 3 (52 minutes).